- Range available
- Ordering Information
- Product Details
- Clinical Data
- Parent Information
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is caused by the formation of a blood clot (thrombus) in the deep veins of the leg.
Prolonged immobilisation results in an increased risk to develop DVT.
Additional factors can increase this risk even further.
Virchow ́s Triad
In 1846, Rudolf Virchow described the factors of relevance for the development of DVT. Virchow's Triad still is valid nowadays:
- Anti-embolism stockings
- Phlebotropic drugs
- Early mobilisation of the patient
Comprinet® pro – the modern anti-embolism stocking for the prophylaxis of deep vein thrombosis
Comprinet® pro applies a continuously decreasing pressure gradient from distal to proximal in line with medically recognised levels of compression.1
Comprinet® pro effectively helps prevent deep vein thrombosis by increasing blood velocity and helping reduce venous stasis.
1Sigel B, Edelstein AL, Savitch L, Hasty JH, Felix WR, Type of compression for Reducing Venous Stasis. Arch Surg 110 (1975): 171-175
* Nominal compression for average ankle size
** Nominal compression for average thigh size
Thrombosis prophylaxis in surgical patients and patients requiring prolonged periods of immobilisation.
Ischemia (e.g. advanced arterial disease), uncontrolled congestive heart failure, untreated septic phlebitis, phlegmasia coerulea dolens.
Skin infections, weeping dermatoses, incompatibility to fabric of garment, impaired sensitivity of the limb. Use in patients receiving vasopressor drugs that can cause peripheral vasoconstriction. Altered mental status.
Incorrectly measured and badly fitting stockings may cause adverse events. Open leg wounds must be covered with an appropriate dressing. Perform periodic neurovascular assessments using inspection window. Remove stockings at least daily for skin hygiene and inspection.
Start of therapy
As soon as confinement to bed begins Comprinet® pro should be worn during day and night to ensure continuous and efficient thrombosis prophylaxis.
Duration of application
Depending on the patient’s risk of developing a DVT, Comprinet® pro can be worn for days up to several weeks.
Comprinet® pro: the modern anti-embolism stocking for DVT prophylaxis
- Comprinet® pro applies a continuously decreasing pressure gradient from distal to proximal in line with medically recognised levels of compression.1
- Comprinet® pro effectively helps prevent deep vein thrombosis by increasing blood velocity and helping reduce venous stasis.
1 Sigel B, Edelstein AL, Savitch L, Hasty JH, Felix WR, Type of compression for Reducing Venous Stasis. Arch Surg 110 (1975): 171-175
Comprinet® pro – efficacy with safety, comfort and convenience
- The anatomical shape combined with high stretchability ensures Comprinet® pro fits on a wide range of leg shapes and sizes, while maintaining pressure profile.
- The special knitting technique ensures a highly two-way stretchable fabric.
- With circumference measurements up to 53 cm at the calf (c-level) and 86 cm at the thigh (g-level) sizes for Small, Medium and Large, and 90cm for Extra-large, Comprinet® pro is suitable for the majority of patients.
- The soft skin-friendly and air-permeable fabric provides unique wearing comfort.
- The seamless circular knitting and the smooth toe seam contribute to wearing comfort.
- The knit welt of the knee high stocking does not constrict and is comfortable on the leg.
- The skin-friendly and robust thigh band reduces the risk of allergic reactions and does not fold back or wrinkle.
- The high durability of the material makes Comprinet® pro therapeutically reliable.
- The inspection window set back from toe extremity on the dorsal side of the foot allows easy and rapid safety assessment.
- The reciprocated heel allows for proper positioning of the stocking.
- Comprinet® pro maintains its pressure gradient even after 10 times of washing* making it still therapeutically efficient while cost-effective. *under recommended conditions
- Comprinet® pro is latex-free.