- Range available
- Ordering Information
- Product Details
- Clinical Data
- Parent Information
Don’t be misled by the unspectacular looks of Cuticell® Epigraft. This epithelialisation dressing produces spectacular results when it comes to re-epithelialisation of split-thickness skin grafts. Manufactured from cellulose film Cuticell® Epigraft serves as a temporary replacement for the missing epithelium, thus protecting the wound and allowing it to heal in a shorter time without external disturbance. Cuticell® Epigraft delivers fast results, scoring high in patient comfort and efficiency.
With Cuticell® Epigraft you apply a breathable medium to the wound, stabilising it while shielding it from harmful environmental factors. This enables Cuticell® Epigraft to significantly reduce the healing time. New epithelium re-grows faster and shortens the customary intervals between first and second harvest when used for split-thickness skin grafts. Quicker re-harvesting allows more wound area (e.g. burns) to be closed up in a shorter time. Subsequently, patients can be released from ICUs sooner and regain mobility faster.
Indications for Cuticell® Epigraft are:
- split-thickness skin grafts
- category 2a/2b burns
- wounds with characteristics comparable to split-thickness skin graft sites
The factors that make a successful Skin Builder – Cuticell® Epigraft ...
- Serves as an effective anti- microbial barrier on the wound site.
- Works without adhesives and is fixed with a simple retention bandage.
- Is a remarkably thin, con- formable dressing. It is easy to apply and can be cut to individual shapes.
- Is translucent and allows visual assessment of the healing process. Excess exudate can be controlled by cutting the dressing thus allowing built up fluids to drain.
- Keeps its integrity through- out. It will not grow into the wound and therefore comes off in a single piece with minimum trauma for the patient.
Easy to Use for More Comfort And Efficiency
- Cleansing of wound.
- Wound bleeding and secretion must be brought to a low level with the wound surface still moist.
- Cover entire wound with Cuticell® Epigraft al- lowing 1cm excess at the borders. For larger wounds combine two or more dressings over- lapping them by a minimum of 3 mm.
- Remove bubbles and secretion by gently pressing from the centre to the edges. Prior moisturising of the dressing will simplify this step.
- Allow the dressing to dry. Fixate Cuticell® Epigraft by applying retention bandage with mild pressure.
- Once applied the dressing can stay on 1 the wound until epithelialisation is com- pleted.
- Remove Cuticell® Epigraft by moisturising the dressing with sterile saline solution. Allow to soak, then peel off.
|Ref. No.||Size (cm)||Pouches / Box||Boxes / Shipper|
|72650-01||7.5 x 10 cm||10||20|
|72650-03||10 x 15 cm||10||10|
|72650-04||15 x 20 cm||10||10|