- Range available
- Ordering Information
- Product Details
- Clinical Data
- Parent Information
CompriFoam® open cell foam bandage is ideal for padding under compression bandages for phlebological and lymphological indications. It is designed to evenly distribute the pressure from compression bandages over extremities, thus preventing constrictions and ensuring an effective compression therapy. The non-slip texture of the foam also makes applying the compression bandage (e.g. Comprilan®) easier. CompriFoam® is also suited as padding material under plaster and synthetic casts in orthopedic applications.
Directions for Use
- Apply during CDP Lymphodema treatment to help reduce edema and increase tissue pressure to prevent the re-accumulation of evacuated edema fluid.
- Apply under compression bandages (e.g. Comprilan®) to even out circumference of limbs for more even pressure distribution.
- Apply as a layer over stockinette and under a compression bandage (e.g. Comprilan®) or under plaster and synthetic casts to provide additional padding.
- 100% polyurethane, latex-free.
- Air and moisture permeable.
- Non-sliding — the interlocking open pores assure the bandage is secure and will not slip.
- Tear resistant.
- Easy for patients to self bandage as it does not crease.
- Anatomically conforming allowing freedom of movement.
- Resistant to body oils, lotions, and perspiration.
- May be steam sterilized.
- Cover any open wounds with an appropriate dressing.
- Yellowing, if it occurs, should not affect performance.
1. Begin bandaging at the ankle and continue bandaging laterally.
2. Cover mid foot and dorsum with one layer. Bring the bandage to the base of the toes.
3. Move bandage transversely toward the heel.
4. Continue spiraling the bandage toward the calf muscle . . .
5. . . overlapping each turn by half of the bandage width.
6. Finish bandaging approximately two fingers width below the tibial tuberosity.