- Range available
- Ordering Information
- Product Details
- Clinical Data
- Parent Information
Leukomed® Sorbact® surgical dressing not only helps protect a wound from external contamination, but due to its contact layer coated with Sorbact®, helps reduce colonization of harmful microbes. Proprietary Sorbact® irreversibly binds and inactivates bacteria through hydrophobic interaction unlike silver and other antimicrobial dressings. This helps to keep the bacterial cell wall intact, allowing for natural wound healing and long-term prevention of infections, across the wound care continuum.
- Safely and effectively binds bacteria and fungi without a chemically active agent
- Helps to minimize the risk of infection
- Breathable and shower-proof adhesive film for high patient comfort
- Absorbs low-moderate fluid levels
- Indicated for surgical incisions, post-operative dehisced wounds, traumatic wounds, lacerations, cuts, abrasions, minor burns
Please refer to the product label and / or package insert for full instructions on the safe use of these products.
Sorbact® with DACC Technology Binds Silver Resistant Bacteria: Silver Resistance Identified in Clinically Isolated Enterobacteriaceae - Major Implications for Burn and Wound Care. P. Finley, PhD, et al.