JOBST ® Elvarex
Reliable compression in lymphoedema therapy for more than 50 years
JOBST® Elvarex® in lymphoedema therapy - strong in action and performance
Elvarex®: Over 50 years of experience
JOBST® Elvarex®: Recognized standard of therapy
For over 50 years, BSN-JOBST has successfully produced medical, flat-knitted compression stockings.
This is in part thanks to the company’s high degree of innovation. Today, treatment with Elvarex® is a part of standard, successful compression therapy for the treatment of lymphoedema. The scale of the product range allows for products to be perfectly adapted to individual patient needs, from gloves to foot caps.
- Broad Therapeutic Spectrum
JOBST® Elvarex® offers individual products for the lower and upper extremities in all models imaginable: from gloves to foot caps.
- Optimal Fit
Because of the variable stitch count of the flat-knitted fabric, JOBST® Elvarex® guarantees optimal fit to the patient’ anatomy.
- Comfortable to Wear
The air-permeable, breathable knitted fabric feels comfortable against the skin and supports patient concordance with daily use.
- Therapeutic Use
JOBST® Elvarex® - the therapeutic recommendation for the treatment of lymphoedema and lipoedema and their mixed forms.
- UV protection included!
Another extremely positive feature of Elvarex® compression products is UV protection.
Elvarex®: Maximum Comfort
A high level of comfort ensures acceptance and compliance
So easy to put on and take off
- Proven under laboratory conditions: Minimal effort needed to put on and take off
Cotton: Purely natural for Elvarex®
- Reduced potential for allergies and very gentle next to the skin, thanks to the use of cotton as a component of the yarn
- Optimised absorption of moisture released as perspiration via the patient’s skin
Breathable, thanks to the loop structure
- Open, loop structure of the Elvarex® knitted fabric promotes a high degree of air permeability
- Heat build-up is prevented, thus promoting a healthy skin
- The knitted fabric exerts a micro-massage effect on the skin during movement*
*Foldi, E.:Lymphödem – Therapie aktuell; Medizinisch-wissenschaftliches Schulungsvideo; Beiersdorf AG, Hamburg; JOBST GmbH, Emmerich; 1999.
Elvarex®: Compression that works
Increased efficacy, enhanced therapeutic reliability
Not just maintenance, but rather optimisation
- Elvarex® does not just guarantee decongestion results, but also ensures further improvement
- Mobilisation of oedema and improved lymph drainage**
- Prolonged venous refilling time
- High ratio of working pressure to resting pressure
** Häfner,H.-M., Jünger,M.: Hämodynamische Wirksamkeit unterschiedlicher Kompressionsstrümpfe bei Patienten mit chronischer venöser Insuffizienz. vasomed, 12. Jahrgang: 4/2000.
A high degree of reliability for therapeutic success
- Compression gradient from distal to proximal
- Exact anatomical fit due to flat-knitting technique and custom manufacture
JOBST® Elvarex® Soft
... made for compliance
JOBST® Elvarex® Soft Custom
As experts in the field of lymphology we have developed the JOBST® Elvarex® Soft custom-made for lower extremities and for the arm. This soft, flat-knit compression garment is the ideal addition to the JOBST® Elvarex® product assortment, particularly well-suited for patients with light to moderate oedema.
JOBST® Elvarex® Soft allows patients with oedema to live life the comfortable way:
- soft and skin-friendly
- easy to put on
- offers excellent anatomical fit
- therapeutically effective
JOBST® Elvarex® Soft: Living with oedema the skin-friendly way. The unique, knitted fabric of JOBST® Elvarex® Soft consists to a large extent of a particularly soft textured yarn. This specialized yarn combines skin-protected softness and excellent breathability. JOBST® Elvarex® Soft is therefore particularly well-suited for patients who suffer from dry, sensitive or fragile skin.
JOBST® Elvarex® Soft: Living with oedema the easy way. The knitted construction, designed especially to maximize the softness of the textured yarn, creates as extremely smooth fabric surface. Therefore this makes latex-free JOBST® Elvarex® Soft very comfortable to wear, as well as easy to put on. Comparative product testing* proves that JOBST ® Elvarex® Soft is easier to put on than other brands of compression stockings.
JOBST® Elvarex® Soft: Living with oedema the efficient way. This compression stocking combines easing donning with proven medical efficacy. As well as the softness, JOBST® Elvarex® Soft offers optimum efficacy in the treatment of mild to moderate oedema, as it combines the right compression with the correct level of fabric softness. JOBST® Elvarex® Soft is both extremely comfortable and convenient to wear.
* Laboratory test results illustrate a product’s performance under controlled conditions. Results in actual use may vary. Results of a competitive test of garments for lower extremities. Conducted by BSN-JOBST, data available at request.
Specialists at work.
JOBST® Elvarex® is the specialist garment range. It is recognized as the therapeutic standard for all types of lipoedema and lymphoedema as well as mixed forms thereof. JOBST® Elvarex offers a very wide range assortment. The specifically designed JOBST® Elvarex® Soft product assortment, consisting of garments for lower extremities as well as the arm, is the ideal addition especially for cases of mild to moderate oedema.
JOBST® Elvarex® Soft Seamless
The world’s only range of seamless flat-knit compression garments
JOBST® Elvarex® Soft Seamless
Seamless compression garments for hands and feet.
For over 50 years, BSN-JOBST has been continuously using new knit technologies to improve the medical effectiveness of lymphatic compression therapy, and to make compression garments more comfortable to wear.
This commitment to research and development has ensured that compression stockings made by BSN-JOBST have become a key element in the treatment of lymphoedema.
BSN-JOBST introduced its JOBST® Elvarex® Soft Seamless range for the optimal compression treatment of lymphoedema on the fingers and toes in 2007. These medical aids maintain their status as the world’s first and only, tailor made, seamless flat-knit compression garments: there are no uncomfortable seams in the narrow spaces between fingers and toes, ensuring even and consistent compression.
Features and benefits:
JOBST® Elvarex® Soft Seamless is the brand which offers reliable help and relief in the case of lymphatic diseases of the hands and feet. Entirely seamless, this unique flat-knit range ensures outstanding comfort combined with the highest level of medical efficacy.
- Made from a single piece of totally seamless material for uninterrupted compression, optimal oedema control and outstanding comfort.
- Anatomically shaped finger/toe separation makes the garment easy to put on and take off, and provides an excellent fit, even in the critical area between the fingers and toes.
- Flat edge finish at fingers and toes is not bulky and prevents the ends from curling.
- Special material and knit structure ensures a therapeutic micromassage effect.
- Comfort zones at the edge make the garment easy to put on and comfortable to wear, especially in combination with compression sleeves and stockings.
- Soft, durable and breathable knitted fabric helps improve patient compliance and enhances sensory perception.
Seamless flat-knit compression garments for hands and feet.
- Perfect anatomical fit due to custom manufacture
- Individual right/left compression treatment for optimum fit
- Therapeutic efficacy confirmed by fit trials
- Manufactured from high-quality polyamide and elastane fibres; latex-free
JOBST® Elvarex® Soft Seamless: the range
JOBST® Elvarex® Soft Seamless is only available as a custom-fit solution. The glove and the foot cap are available in standard beige colour in compress classes 1 and 2. The AC1 and AE solutions are available in the following versions: with fingers, with thumb and without fingers, with thumb. The foot cap includes an anatomically shaped opening for the small toe.
JOBST ® Bellavar
Compression Class 2 and 3
- Successful therapy is enhanced through high working pressure
- Fine-meshed material with very good durability
- Convenient wearing comfort through skin friendly and air permeable textile yarns
- Ready-to-Wear and Made-to-Measure for individual therapy
- Reinforcement zone in the toe area for high durability and extreme robustness (please refer to photo below)
Stockings for lower extremities are available in the compression classes 2 and 3 in Made-to-Measure as well as in 6 Ready-to-Wear sizes.
JOBST® Bella Lite
Features and benefits:
The JOBST® Bella Lite together or separately, help maintain the limb size of lymphedema patients. These comfortable garments provide gradient compression to assist in patient management following trauma, surgery or radiation therapy.
- Soft and air permeable
- Lightweight, knit construction
- Fits a wide range of arm and hand shapes
- Reduced compression at the wrist provides an effective and comfortable fit when the armsleeve and gauntlet are worn together
- Easy to put on, comfortable to wear
- Works well in conjunction with Elvarex® Seamless Glove Ready-to-Wear (to be customized locally)
- Armsleeve available with Silicone dot band (please refer to photos on the reverse of this brochure)
- Compression level:
- Armsleeve: 15-20 mmHg & 20-30 mmHg
- Gauntlet: 15-20 mmHg & 20-30 mmHg
The armsleeeve can also be used for:
- Post-thrombotic syndrome
- Vascular malformations