- Range available
- Ordering Information
- Product Details
- Clinical Data
- Parent Information
Our strongest primary dressing.
Cutimed® Sorbion® Sachet EXTRA is a versatile fibre dressing with high wearing comfort for primary wound contact, which
- absorbs wound exudate and locks it in,
- removes wound debris,
- absorbs and irreversibly locks in wound germs in the inner core and supports the wound cleansing phase,
- maintains a moist wound environment.
Cutimed® Sorbion® Sachet EXTRA provides even greater absorbency, retention and ability to bind harmful wound constituents than Cutimed® Sorbion® Sachet S. With its outstanding capacity and resulting performance, Cutimed® Sorbion® Sachet EXTRA is ideal for wound situations where wound bed conditioning and a particular wear time are required (up to 7 days).
Cutimed® Sorbion® Sachet EXTRA is used for very highly exudating wounds, e.g.
- Venous leg ulcers / mixed aetiology ulcers
- Diabetic foot syndrome
- Secreting wounds
- Discharging laparotomy wounds healing by secondary intention
- Secreting burn areas
- Purulent fistulas to the skin
- Acute wounds
- Post-interventional wounds
- Split-thickness skin graft donor sites
- Abdominal dehiscence
- Ulcerated carcinomas and similar secreting wounds
Key benefits of Cutimed® Sorbion® Sachets
Proactive exudate management.
- Excellent capacity for wound exudate
- High retention of absorbed fluids
- Creates a moist wound environment by gel formation
Wound bed preparation.
- Reduction of fibrinous necrotic tissue (soft debridement)
- Modulation of proteases and proinflammatory cytokines
- Reduces the risk of cross-contamination by locking in germs
Wearing comfort and safety.
- Securely locks in exudate, even under compression therapy
- Reduces odour
- Low risk of skin irritation and sensitization
HYDRATION RESPONSE TECHNOLOGY
The secret behind Sorbion Sachet®’s highly absorbent core, binds together mechanically modified cellulose fibers and gel-forming polymers inside the wound dressing to provide increased binding capacity, optimized exudate handling capability and superior vertical uptake performance.